Who is eligible?
Children and their families who are impacted by disability, special needs or other obstacles.
Niagara Springs WMA Pheasant Hunting
Last Day to Apply is August 15, 2021
- No Experience Necessary!
- Called Beyond is teaming up with Idaho Fish and Game to give 6-8 kids with disabilities the opportunity to pheasant hunt on the Niagara Springs Wildlife Management Area.
- This adventure starts with a short shotgun clinic where kids will shoot clays, while volunteer officials assist kids and volunteers in shooting skills along with exercising proper safety.
- The kids will then have the opportunity to participate in the entire process of upland hunting, from shooting live birds, to working with pointing dogs.
- The day will culminate in the proper cleaning and cooking of their harvests at a catered BBQ.
- Each child will have a gun-handler from Idaho Fish & Game assigned to them, as well as a Called Beyond volunteer.
Who is applicable:
- Youth with disabilities, ages 8-17
- Must be an Idaho resident
- When: October 2, 2021
- Where: Niagara Springs WMA, Snake River, ID (near Buhl, Idaho)
- Parents and/or a guardian are required to be on-site and encouraged to join the child in all events.
- any adaptations/special requirements will be provided for participants by Called Beyond
- There is no cost to participants.
- Applicants need not have a hunting license, as Called Beyond and Idaho F&G will facilitate that process upon selection.